Once an EOI has been submitted to Tracer DAO via Tracer’s Discourse, the members of the Tracer community will review the EOI, provide comments and suggest changes in response to the Discourse post or on Discord. After some consensus is found, a Proposal may be drafted and submitted to the Proposal Lobby by a community member, including the potential Service Provider. This Proposal may be then submitted to Snapshot by a DAO member to commence the voting process. Below is a template Proposal that may be used to draft new Proposals.
Generally, your Proposal will have much more success if you engage Tracer’s community through Discourse and Discord interactions!
The sections bolded and in blue are to be replaced, based on the requirements of each new Proposal. The technical implementation section can either be:
- Filled in by the proposer; or
- Filled in by Tracer DAO once the relevant Proposal has passed, and Tracer DAO’s multisig holders have relayed a successful Snapshot vote onchain.
The below example details a Proposal that will transfer 10 USDC tokens and 10 TCR Governance Tokens to a Service Provider’s Ethereum address in consideration for several deliverables.
[Service Provider] offers its services to Tracer DAO ( DAO ) in order to work with the DAO on [describe here what you seek to provide. Feel free to use with the following motivation:
- What type of work is provided?
- Why is this type of work needed for Tracer?
- How long will you look to provide the service (if applicable)?
You may also look to other Proposals on Discourse for further motivation, eg, Sigma Prime’s.
For the provision of these services, [Service Provider] requests:
- 10 USDC immediately; and
- 10 TCR tokens immediately.
TCR tokens can be vested immediately or over a specified period through a vesting schedule. If a vesting schedule is appropriate, its specifications should be described in this section. The values above are used as an example only and may be changed as desired. Once finished this section, delete this paragraph.
If engaged by Proposal to provide the services described in this Proposal to the DAO, [Service Provider] will provide the following ( Deliverables ):
- Deliverable 1
- Deliverable 2
- [Service Provider] acknowledges that, if engaged, its engagement can be varied or terminated by future Proposals.
- [Service Provider] expects that any engagement will be terminated if they fail to deliver in accordance with the deliverables specified above.
In the context of the Tracer project, conflicts of interest include:
- Existing Service Providers who are Related Parties; and
- Existing (vested and unvested) holdings of TCR tokens.
[Service Provider] wishes to declare the following conflicts of interest:
- [Describe conflicts of interest or state “No conflicts of interest to declare.”]
A Related Party means a Service Provider’s parent company, subsidiary, affiliate, assignee, transferee or one of their representatives, principals, agents, directors, officers, employees, consultants, contractors, members, shareholders or guarantors. Once finished this section, delete this paragraph.
Unless otherwise defined in this offer, all terms beginning with a capital letter which are defined in the Participation Agreement have the same meaning unless the context otherwise requires.
If this offer is accepted as a Proposal under the Participation Agreement, [Service Provider] may more formally document aspects of that Proposal.
Copyright and related rights to this Proposal are waived pursuant to CC0.
This is an optional field. If you have the smart contract know how, then go ahead and draft the technical implementation for your Proposal. Feel free to reference previous Proposals on the Tracer Github/Discourse to figure out which contracts to target. Otherwise, the Lion’s Mane team, or another member of the Tracer DAO, will assist you in implementing the Proposal.