Once an EOI has been submitted to Tracer DAO via Tracer’s Discourse, the members of the Tracer community will review the EOI, provide comments and suggest changes in response to the Discourse post or on Discord. After some consensus is found, a Proposal may be drafted and submitted to the Proposal Lobby by a community member, including the potential Service Provider. This Proposal may be then submitted to Snapshot by a DAO member to commence the voting process. Below is a template Proposal that may be used to draft new Proposals.
Generally, your Proposal will have much more success if you engage Tracer’s community through Discourse and Discord interactions!
The sections bolded and in blue are to be replaced, based on the requirements of each new Proposal. The technical implementation section can either be:
- Filled in by the proposer; or
- Filled in by Tracer DAO once the relevant Proposal has passed, and Tracer DAO’s multisig holders have relayed a successful Snapshot vote onchain.
The below example details a Proposal that will transfer 10 USDC tokens and 10 TCR Governance Tokens to a Service Provider’s Ethereum address in consideration for several deliverables.
[Service Provider] offers its services to Tracer DAO ( DAO ) in order to work with the DAO on [describe here what you seek to provide]:
- Outline the issue that will be addressed, and why this type of work is needed for Tracer DAO.
- Describe the type of work that will be provided.
- How long will you look to provide the service (if applicable)?
- Briefly discuss the envisioned effect that the proposal will have, as well as any potential drawbacks that may restrict the implementation of the proposal (i.e., if there are certain aspects of the proposal that are dependent on legal/social/economic issues that, if unresolved, may hinder its implementation and effectiveness).
- Consider any parties that may be exempt from the service.
You may also look to other Proposals on Discourse for further motivation, eg, Sigma Prime’s.
For the provision of these services, [Service Provider] requests:
- 10 USDC immediately; and
- 10 TCR tokens immediately.
TCR tokens can be vested immediately or over a specified period through a vesting schedule. If a vesting schedule is appropriate, its specifications should be described in this section. The values above are used as an example only and may be changed as desired. Once finished this section, delete this paragraph.
[Service Provider] shall, from the Commencement Date, and for the duration of this Proposal, provide the Deliverables to the DAO in accordance with the terms of this Proposal.
Time for the performance of the Deliverables shall be of the essence and [Service Provider] shall meet any performance dates for the Deliverables specified in the Order or notified to the [Service Provider] by the DAO.
If engaged by Proposal to provide the services described in this Proposal to the DAO, [Service Provider] will provide the following ( Deliverables ):
- Deliverable 1
- Deliverable 2
[Service Provider] acknowledges that, if engaged, the DAO may terminate or vary its engagement in accordance with:
- Future Proposals and performance;
- The Deliverables specified above;
- A material breach of any term of the Agreement which breach is not capable of being remedied or (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within XX days of receipt of notice from the DAO in writing to do so; and
- Any repeated breaches of the terms of the agreement in such a manner as to reasonably justify the opinion that its conduct is inconsistent with it having the intention or ability to give effect to the terms of this agreement.
Termination of the Proposal shall not affect any of the parties’ rights and remedies that have accrued as at the date of termination. Furthermore, any termination of this agreement shall not be effective unless the agreement either expires, all things required to be done by the Proposal are completed or it is terminated by a further proposal of the DAO.
In the context of the Tracer project, conflicts of interest include:
- Existing Service Providers who are Related Parties; and
- Existing (vested and unvested) holdings of TCR tokens.
[Service Provider] wishes to declare the following conflicts of interest:
- [Describe conflicts of interest or state “No conflicts of interest to declare.”]
A Related Party means a Service Provider’s parent company, subsidiary, affiliate, assignee, transferee or one of their representatives, principals, agents, directors, officers, employees, consultants, contractors, members, shareholders or guarantors. Once finished this section, delete this paragraph.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise in writing by an Authorised Representative of the DAO, all terms that are defined pursuant to the Participation Agreement will retain its meaning.
If this offer is accepted as a Proposal under the Participation Agreement, [Service Provider] may more formally document aspects of that Proposal.
The following definitions shall apply in this Proposal:
Commencement Date: the date this Proposal is passed on chain and is signed.
Tracer DAO: A decentralised autonomous organisation for Tracer, an open-sourced blockchain-based financial protocol.
TCR Token: A measure of voting power in the Tracer DAO that attaches to a specific Wallet Address, whereby the greater amount of TCR Tokens a person holds in that Wallet Address, the greater the person’s voting power.
Related party: Means, but is not limited to, the Service Provider’s parent company, subsidiary, affiliate, assignee, transferee or one of their representatives, principals, agents, directors, officers, employees, consultants, contractors, members, shareholders or guarantors.
The [Service Provider] shall keep the DAO fully indemnified against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation, product recall costs and all interest, fines, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by the DAO as a result of or in connection with:
- Any claim against the DAO for actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising out of, or in connection with, the receipt, use or supply of the Deliverables, to the extent that the claim is attributable to the acts or omissions of the [Service Provider] , its employees, agents or subcontractors; and
- Any claim made against the DAO by a third party arising out of, or in connection with, the supply of the Deliverables, to the extent that such claim arises out of the breach, negligent performance or failure or delay in performance of the Proposal by the [Service Provider] , its employees, agents or subcontractors.
This clause will survive termination of the Proposal.
Copyright and related rights to this Proposal are waived pursuant to CC0.
This is an optional field. If you have the smart contract know how, then go ahead and draft the technical implementation for your Proposal. Feel free to reference previous Proposals on the Tracer Github/Discourse to figure out which contracts to target. Otherwise, the Lion’s Mane team, or another member of the Tracer DAO, will assist you in implementing the Proposal.